• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
LEDs on Io Breakout Board Missing segments
Here's a picture of attempting to display all 8s - a bunch of segments aren't displaying, and they're different on the different displays. I'm doing this with IceCube2 and not Alchitry Labs as I'm having the dreaded "cu_top_0_bitmap.bin) could not be found!" error in Alchitry Labs. Not sure if this is relevant.

.jpg   IMG_0384.JPG (Size: 91.93 KB / Downloads: 52)

I'm not sure what this means, any advice? Also not having pull downs is annoying, if anyone has verilog code to have intermittent pull-downs, please post it.
First of all, I would double-check the connectors. I had a similar issue with roughly 1/3 of the segments unable to turn on. After a long time spent studying the schematics to no avail I simply disconnected the Io board and reattached it. Most of my problems went away immediately. That said, segment 'D' on the rightmost seven segment display is defective on my board. I have a replacement display which I could solder in its place, but I ended up abandoning the Io board because the DIP switches are just not practical (unlike the Mojo IO shield).
If this is a new board, contact SparkFun about getting a replacement. If it is pretty old, we had a batch we made with some bum LEDs. Send me an email (support@alchitry.com) and we can get an RMA to fix it if you ordered it from us.

Forum Jump:

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)