• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Absolutely no way to flash CU
I've been attempting to get a .bin file onto my Cu for some time now, to no avail. I'm using IceStorm for synthesis (with success), but I can't for the life of me get that bin file onto my board. Alchitry Loader immediately crashes (hangs on starting) when attempting to flash to a Cu on my instance of Ubuntu and both of my instances of Windows 10. The command line utility for MacOS can find my Cu with -l on device 0, but states it can't find a device. When I use Alchitry Labs with Ubuntu, I'm able to synthesize and construct a net list/bin file perfectly with IceStorm, but it insists that it cannot find a Cu, even though I can confirm that I see the device on ttyUSB0 and ttyUSB1.

This is starting to get quite frustrating for something that is marketed as so simple. Is there something I'm missing or something that I need to do?

For context, I'm running MacOS with Parallels for Ubuntu and one instance of Windows 10, with an instance of Windows 10 running on a desktop; all 4 to no avail.
On Linux, you may need to add the file 99-alchitry.rules to /etc/udev/rules.d/ with the following contents.

Code:
SUBSYSTEM!="usb|usb_device", GOTO="ft2232_rules_end"
ACTION!="add", GOTO="ft2232_rules_end"

ATTRS{idVendor}=="0403", ATTRS{idProduct}=="6010", RUN+="/bin/sh -c 'echo $kernel > /sys/bus/usb/drivers/ftdi_sio/unbind'", MODE="0666", GROUP="dialout", ENV{ID_MM_DEVICE_IGNORE}="1"

LABEL="ft2232_rules_end"

Also make sure the group "dialout" exists and your user is a member of it.

On Windows, if it doesn't find the board, you may need to manually install the D2XX drivers from FTDI https://ftdichip.com/drivers/d2xx-drivers/