• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Trouble programming Mojo v3 with Alchitry Labs (& Loader)
Good morning. I've dusted off a genuine Mojo v3 I purchased a while back and setoff determined to burn through tutorials this weekend. I've come hat in hand for help as I've exhausted every avenue I know of to troubleshoot programming the board.

My setup:
Windows 10 Pro version 2004 (latest updates) in a Parallels VM running on MacOS Big Sur 11.2.3
Parallels is set to permanently assign the Mojo device within USB settings to my Windows VM.
Windows device manager sees "Mojo V3" under Ports (COM & LPT). It's assigned to COM5 or COM3 depending on the reboot attempt.
Running Alchitry Labs v1.2.5 on the Windows VM. Installed both ways, the .msi and the zip file. Found that the zip file only contained the dpinst-amd64.exe which I ran, confirmed that the driver is installed.
Installed ISE and licensed everything, can build tutorials without any problems.
I'm running JRE 8u281 on the Windows VM.
I also attempted all steps with JDK 16 on the Windows VM before uninstalling that and just trying the JRE.
CMD java -version returns java version "1.8.0_281"

1) When running alchitry-loader, wether I select Erase or Program, the problem completely hangs unresponsive saying "Connecting". I can't grab the window and move it, close it, etc.
2) When running alchitry, following a successful build, an attempt to program lands me at "Connecting" in the status window.
3) Alchitry crashes when I attempt to open the Serial Port or attempt to Register Device.

I read on the forums and github that 1.2.5 was supposed to resolve the Serial Port crashing issue, and question if I have some java issue. I havn't gone so far as to attempt to edit code and debug with print statements. Hopefully someone can set me straight before going scorched earth.

Appreciate any assistance! I'm excited to get my Mojo working.
I think this should be fixed in 1.2.6. Let me know if it isn't.
In my case the new version 1.2.6 did not fix the correct com port detection.
Unfortunately I'm having the same issue. Win 10, Alchitry IDE 1.2.6 or loader both fail to flash. Followed full IDE installation, and win 10 ISE tricks too. Also manually selected the Mojo V3 driver in device driver.
I just pushed 1.2.7 which should fix the Mojo issues. I was able to replicate the original issues with a clean Windows 10 install and this should hopefully get it all working now.
Yes problem solved.  Big Grin
I did some tests with both Alchitry-Loader and Alchitry-Labs 1.2.7
and the port is detected correctly if the mojo driver is (Mojo V3) with the native windows 10 serial driver the Mojo is not detected.

Thank you

Forum Jump:

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)